Planning portfolios and asset allocation in the current environment is increasingly challenging. But with sweeping transformations to societies and economies globally, investors’ focus has shifted from traditional sectors to themes likely to shape tomorrow’s world.
As investors try to identify winning strategies for 2022, and beyond, passive instruments that offer exposure to emerging technologies are seeing strong inflows. From AI, machine learning and robotics, to 5G, intelligent automation and cybersecurity, thematic investing is a compelling way to access and capitalise on these trends.
In this engaging and timely discussion, market experts from Nasdaq, ChinaAMC and Cathay Securities will share their perspectives and provide practical insights to help investors:
- Understand key market trends and thematics
- Access rapidly emerging opportunities within the new technologies landscape
- Identify thematic ETFs with the potential to outperform
- Position thematic investment strategies within portfolios
- Learn what’s next in key markets in Asia
- Clarence Chan, head of ETFs, China Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
- Eddie Cheng, Senior Vice President, Head of Quantitative and Index Business Divison, Cathay Securities Investment Trust Co., Ltd.
- Ben Jones, Senior index strategist, index research & development, Nasdaq
- Moderator: Andrew Crooke, Strategy and Content Director, AsianInvestor
With flexible mandates and a patient approach to capital, family offices are increasingly focused on the value-add that digital assets can offer.
As a store of wealth, an effective diversifier and a potential source of alpha, cryptocurrencies and similar instruments are gaining traction. In today’s landscape, in particular, these assets can mitigate risks from higher inflation, prolonged low rates and other macro dynamics.
To capture such benefits, it is essential for family offices to understand key crypto trends and opportunities, adopt robust investment processes and prepare for likely volatility and other challenges that arise with new asset classes.
This event therefore combines practical and insightful conversations, presentations and a panel – to assess the current landscape for digital assets and potential strategies and tactical opportunities.
For registration and general enquires, please contact Mary Leung at [email protected]. Complimentary passes are only available for senior investment executives at family offices.
For sponsorship and partnership, please contact Tom Griffin at [email protected].