In this webcast, eVestment in partnership with AsianInvestor, will share unique proprietary data around how institutional investors globally have responded to market volatility and suggest some best practices about how best to monitor managers.
The discussion offers participants a chance to learn about specific examples of how market-leading institutional investors conduct quarterly manager monitoring as a way to both prepare for manager meetings and to flag potential investment risks.
Main points of discussion include:
- Why ongoing monitoring of investment managers is important
- Key ways to accurately scrutinise your external managers’ performance
- The importance of monitoring performance and risk relative to peers, not just benchmarks
- Flags that may signal areas of concern to discuss with your manager
There is evidence that a well-executed TPA can provide a return benefit of 50 to 100 basis points per annum over a traditional, SAA-based approach (Total Portfolio Approach – A global asset owners study into current and future asset allocation practices. Thinking Ahead Institute). However, investors must be prepared to fully commit to the organisational design, with the potential changes to operations and investment support systems that it implies, if they are to fully reap these benefits.
SimCorp, in partnership with AsianInvestor, will conduct a webinar that dives into the TPA approach. This webinar will cover:
• The shift away from traditional, Strategic Asset Allocation to TPA
• The impact of TPA on capital allocation, internal culture and governance
• Is TPA worth the time, cost and effort?
• The biggest challenges of implementing this approach
• What asset owners need to do to effectively execute TPA’
• A panel discussion