MAS names sustainability head; Malaysia’s EPF appoints COO and CFO; GIC PE head for SEA leaves; State Super hires new exec; Hesta appoints chief growth officer, chief Debby Blakey appointed to corporate governance board; ex-BlackRock exec joins IQ-EQ in Singapore; HSBC AM builds direct real estate team; ex-Vanguard head of distribution joins LGIM; Sanne names Singapore head; and more
Teng Chee Wai, CEO at HwangDBS Investment Management, says the fund house is aiming to ramp up its institutional business and one way of doing that is offering innovative solutions to investorsÆ needs.
ôKeeping ahead in todayÆs challenging market environment calls for constant innovation,ö says Teng.
Institutions and corporations are drawn to unit trust-based cash management products that can enable them to optimise their returns on cash by outperforming returns on existing deposit products, Teng says.
The HwangDBS Steady Income Fund offers investors a low correlation to other asset classes such as publicly traded equities and bonds through subscription in one of the class units of an Australia-registered managed investment scheme, the AMP Capital Structured High Yield Fund.
The AMP fund is made up of a diversified portfolio of high-yielding private debt assets issued by mature global companies in stable infrastructure sectors like utilities and industrial logistics. It also invests in senior debt assets and hybrid securities and employs a hold-to-maturity investment style. These features afford a high level of stability and reliability in terms of income yield as returns are not hinged on equity market movements, according to HwangDBS.
The HwangDBS Steady Income Fund seeks to allocate 70% of its net asset value into the AMP fund and the remaining 30% is targeted to be invested in domestic cash and money market instruments.
The AMP fund is managed by Sydney-based AMP Capital Investors, with A$101 billion in assets under management.
The HwangDBS Steady Income Fund is targeted primarily at institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals with a medium risk tolerance. The minimal investment for the fund is RM30,000. The fund is a wholesale feeder fund that aims to provide investors with regular and steady income distribution over the long-term. It has an approved fund size of 600 million units valued at RM300 million.
HwangDBS Investment Management was set up in September 2001. Shareholders of HwangDBS IM are Hwang-DBS (Malaysia) Berhad (53%), DBS Asset Management (30% û a wholly owned subsidiary of DBS Bank), and YAM Tunku DatoÆ Seri Nadzaruddin Ibni Tuanku JaÆafar (17%).
Kwap property arm appoints CEO; VFMC names new CEO as Lisa Gray retires; MSIG Singapore promotes Mack Eng as CEO; Monroe Capital opens first Asia office in Seoul, hires head from Aberdeen; Vanguard Australia appoints new MD to relocate from US; HSBC AM expands EM debt team; Vantage FX hires from CGS-CIMB in Singapore; and more.
Financials and healthcare have been spotted as promising sectors, while several tech IPOs are on the way, including a $2.2 billion fintech firm and a GIC-backed e-commerce startup.
A strong recovery in the Asia Pacific private capital markets in 2021 sets up favourable hiring and compensation trends.
The $95 billion Korean savings will set up a separately managed account for real estate debt investment early next year in order to shorten decision-making and help it win deals in a crowded market.