Growasia.com has recruited key professionals for its e-marketplace venture which looks to facilitate the sale, purchase and development of regional business and corporate assets. "The new appointments...reflect the need for growasia to move as quickly as possible to become the premier site for the transaction of Asian business and corporate assets," says Ian Gibbs, CEO of growasia.com.
- David Munden has been appointed senior strategic consultant responsible for negotiating strategic alliances in content and technology. Munden was previously the regional director for interactive services at Impiric Asia, the customer relationship management arm of Dentsu Young & Rubicam.
- Tim Cook will join growasia in September as head of sales and marketing. Cook will be focusing the marketing drive to financial institutions and potential investors from developed markets. Before joining the company, Cook was Asian regional manager of Barclays Capital Futures and was responsible for the bank's e-commerce initiatives in Southeast Asia.
- Quah Ban Huat has been appointed head of finance and control and will be responsible for all financial and reporting aspects of the company. Prior to this appointment, Quah was the regional business area controller for Deutsche Bank's money markets and Treasury Operations in Asia.
- Koay Ken Teik joins growasia as head of advisory for southeast Asia. Keng will be responsible for providing corporate advisory services such as purchase and sale, and mergers and acquisitions advice. Koay comes to growasia from Schroders' southeast Asia corporate advisory division.
- JB Ray has been appointed head of technology. Ray will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the company's technology and advise on related technology issues.
- Joseph Rajendran joins growasia as director for corporate development. Rajendran will be responsible for identifying content for buyers and sellers of corporate assets and business, and facilitating the overall smooth running of the site. Prior to this appointment, Rajendran was a senior consultant in client servicing at Ogilvy & Mather Singapore.