Fidelity International's Asia head retires; Aberdeen Standard PE specialist leaves; Manulife AM's Asia wealth and AM chief exits; LaSalle IM's strategic partnerships head to leave and more.
Over the past five years, smart beta investing strategies have become a central investing option. Most asset owners consider there is value to be had in focusing upon different factors to articulate their investing or risk preferences. And increasingly they are combining multiple factors to better fit their perspectives of capital market performance versus their portfolio needs.
This webinar will delve into the latest developments in factor-based investing in Asia Pacific. We will discuss what combinations of factors are proving the most popular among investors in this region, whether these will change, and the growth potential for factor-based investing in new asset classes.
Moderated by Richard Morrow, the editor of AsianInvestor, we will discuss:
- Asian institutional investor engagement with factor-based investing: how much factor investing has gained traction among Asian investors versus those in other regions
- The most popular factor blends today — and tomorrow: the webinar will analyse what multi-factor investing approaches are popular and whether they will change
- Recent development of smart beta benchmarks: we will consider how factor-based indexes have evolved and will continue to do so
- Examples of multi-factor investing approaches by asset owners: participants will use example case studies of how and why investors introduced factor-based strategies
- Key challenges to consider – dos and don’ts: what are the key considerations when looking to introduce factor investing, or increase its complexity?
- Smart beta in new asset areas: Factor investing is becoming more popular in fixed income and other areas. We will consider the appeal of these newer asset approaches
- Adding strategic overlays into factor-based strategies: How best to combine factor approaches with strategic goals
- How technology will impact factor-based investing: we will discuss how artificial intelligence and quantitative analytical tools could change factor-based strategies
Fidelity hires Julius Baer funds specialist; Franklin Templeton's new Asia investment solutions head; RBC names SE Asia WM chief; Bank of Singapore makes HK, Taiwan hires; NAB appoints WM CEO, and more.
Influential investors GIC and Temasek, along with other Asian asset owners, are showing increasing concern about the escalation of the US-led trade conflict.
Domestic asset managers are increasingly sophisticated and could become global players within 20 years, said the Asia chief executive of JP Morgan Asset Management.
Asian pension funds should keep an eye on big changes taking place in the UK's retirement industry, including a portfolio de-risking trend and a rising focus on cashflow-driving investing.